You have found damaged shingles, and it’s time to call a roofer. When it comes to roofing repairs, time is everything. Ignore a leak for a couple of months, and you may have to spend thousands of dollars on repairs & replacement. In Austin, companies like Reilly Roofing offer same-day services for clients and are extremely responsive. How should you choose a roofer in Austin? We have five pointers below for your help.
- Start with a list. Talk to your neighbors and friends to know the names of local roofing contractors in recent times. Make a list and call a few roofers for assistance. Look for services that offer immediate help or have 24×7 hotline numbers for requests.
- Check the basics. Is the roofer licensed? Do they have insurance? Roofing jobs often involve considerable risk, and if the roofers cause any damage to your house, you wouldn’t want to pay for extra repairs. Make sure that the contractor has both liability insurance and workers’ compensation insurance. It’s also important to check if the company is a member of the local roofers’ associations, such as the Roofing Contractors Association of Texas (RCAT).
- Go for more experience. It’s important that you choose a contractor that has adequate experience in the business. A locally owned and operated company in Austin is your best bet, and don’t forget to ask them about their work profile.
- Check what they do. A roofer should be able to deal with all kinds of concerns, including roofing inspections to find leaks, repairs, preventive maintenance, installations, and replacements. Also, ask the company if they have a team of roofers or if they hire subcontractors.
- Look for reviews. While contractors usually offer references on request, it is a good idea to check if they have good reviews. You can also check BBB ratings and what people have said about the roofer on Google.
Be smart with estimates
It’s okay to try and save money, but when it comes to roofing work, you need to pay attention to the details. For instance, many contractors have an additional warranty on the job, while others may offer better materials for a slightly higher price. Check the estimate in detail and ensure that there is no room for extra charges. Always work with a contractor that takes your work on priority, no matter how small the job may seem.
Ask for estimates from contractors now, and don’t delay the roofing work to save money.